Monday 6 December 2010

Combining traditional techniques with digital media.

To create this poster I used the traditional technique of photography and with that I was able, with computer software, to cut up the images and combine them, add vector images, a gradient and using the brush tool add more grass to the image. Without combining the two techniques I would not be able to create an image like this.

I took these rubbing using a graphite stick so that I could scan them into the computer and create some textures from them. these textures can then be used in my work.

This is an example of the type of patterns and textures that can be created using this method. The advantage of creating patterns and textures this is that the same effect cannot be created using only a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment