Wednesday 8 December 2010

Evaluation

The aim of this project was to discover a new way to work incorporating traditional design processes with modern day computers and technology. For the final piece I needed to create an interactive comic in flash.

For my artist research I looked at comic book cover art as I thought I would help to influence my comic and would give me ideas for a character. After looking at the covers I decided that I would have a robot as my main character and therefore started to research tin robots and illustrations of robots. I also looked into story boards as they helped develop my ideas and a basic structure for my store. By looking at the story boards I could also see how a comic is presented so I could do something similar myself. I also look at some interactive comics that are similar to the comic I wanted to create.

I started experimenting by creating a robot and drawing up my story board and started combining graphite rubbings with Photoshop to create some textures. I also used photos and manipulated them in Photoshop for example putting a hippo head on a lizard’s body. I started experimenting in Flash by making a panning and tweeing animation.

From my story board my final comic is slightly different, towards the end of my original story there was going to be a fight between the robot and another character. As I moved through the comic production I thought that it would be better if I have a big slug that the robot killed.
Although I learnt a lot about animation using flash, it wasn’t my favorite project. Despite this I still want to find out more about Flash and develop some more projects.

2 comments:

  1. I think the comic has a great colour balance being very attractive to watch, and in very interactive containing many buttons which bring you more into it and keep your attention focus.

    However some of the speech bubbles do not show the entire sentence in it
    so I believe you should change this . as it will pretty much make it perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Callums comic is really good because of his use of animation with the main character.

    the things that Callum could improve on is the length of the comic. I feel that the comic works very well and i would like to see more.

    ReplyDelete